Friday, October 06, 2006

New Experience

Today I provided the devotional for the "McCoy Adult Day Care Center." The adults are mostly senior citizens well into their 80s. They often live with one of their kids and are not able to take full care of themselves during the day. So they are dropped off for the day while the family goes to work. I didn't ask the question, but I wondered, "How does it feel to be dropped off like a child when you have raised a family?" I wonder if it's a question they have thought of and if they have a definite answer to. Maybe I'll ask it one of these days when I get to know them a little better.

Most of them seemed fairly lucid and quite capable of functioning in a conversation. Some of them were hard of hearing and so I needed to ask my questions a couple of times, until I got the volume just right. Most of them are not from Florida. They came from Michigan, Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Kentucky, West Virgina, South Carolina, North Caroline, and Orlando. They all grew up in a church environment (mostly Catholic). For now I'll be providing the devotional on the first Friday of each month. It wil be interesting to see what happens next month.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, that sounds cool. Sometimes I'm jealous of all the evangelistic opportunities you have & make for yourself. When will I get there?! :)

Bob Bliss said...

This one came to me. This company calls all the churches in the area to come and do devotionals for the folks. So I just responded and went. Nothing special on my part, God just provided the opportunity.

Lisa said...

Do you have beta blogger? I never experimented with my blog before I got that, so I don't know if changing the color scheme is the same. The things I had changed in the sidebar went with me when I changed the template & then changed the colors.

Lisa said...

Not bad. You misspelled Tabneracle, though.

Bob Bliss said...

How's that?