Sunday, October 08, 2006

My Florida Life Style

Since moving to Florida, I now wear shorts and sandals more often. In New Jersey I mostly wore them during camp week. Other than camp I seldom wore shorts and sandals. Now I wear them at least 2 or 3 times a week. Plus, it's now getting toward mid-October and I'm still wearing them! It has been in the high 80s and sometimes into the low 90s this past week. You can tell the humidity level is down but it's still hot. But the really good thing - I didn't have to mow this week. The grass has definitely slowed down its growth. I'm not at all unhappy about that. I'm really looking forward to the winter months here in Central Florida. It will be a little like the winter months in California where Mom and Dad live.

I really like the Mount Dora area. It will be an adventure visiting the events and seeing the area. When I was growing up I remember looking forward to our moves. Maybe I'm projecting back into the situation but that's my memory. I enjoyed staying put in New Jersey (2 locations in 27 years) but I'm getting use to this move and feeling like I belong here.

Who knows what plans God has for me and family here but I'm up for the challenge. Oh yes, the congregation here has been marvelous! I know God will do good things here.

No comments: