Thursday, January 18, 2007

Paul & Sandie - This one's for you

Thanks for calling Pat on her birthday. Paul told Pat that he goes into work early to read family blogs. So I thought I would say hi. For those reading who may not know Paul and Sandie, they are our daughter's in-laws (Lisa's in-laws). Since being asked to leave Tabernacle they were extremely supportive of us. They started sitting with us up front during services. They called or wrote or dropped by every now and then. During hard times you discover the true nature of those around you. Paul and Sandie are spiritual family and proved to be very good friends. We love you two and appreciate very much your love for us. We are proud that Lisa married into your family. We know that our good relations will continue, we just hope we get to see you a little more in the future. You both know that you are always welcome in our house and we hope that Disney is on your list of places to visit. We are only about 40 minutes away. We can be great tour guides since we know our way around (at least a little bit). Thanks again

5 comments:

philaphonic said...

I wonder if it is only to find true friends and know real love that we must sometimes experience hard times...maybe that's why bad things happen to good people. though try saying that to someone who just lost a loved one and see the reaction. hindsight is 20/20.

Lisa said...

I'm glad the you & the Leichners had the opportunity to be closer before you moved away. It would be nice to take a vacation to FL with them sometime.

Steve Puckett said...

Glad to find your blog. I saw you on Matt Dabbs. I agree with your assessment of friends both spiritual and familial. See you on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

My heart still hurts for you and Pat and your absence resonates at Tabernacle. I am really thankful to God that I was allowed to get to know you both a little bit better once I moved to NY. My mother loved you and was passionately on your side as you know.

Now that I know how close you are to Disney you may see more of me than you want. :)

Bob Bliss said...

Tracy,
We could never see you more than we want. I loved your Mom as well. I miss her wise cracks and her "I'm here and what you going to do about it?" attitude.