Monday, January 08, 2007

Basketball

Last night I played basketball for the first time in at least 20 years. I was sure I would be huffing and puffing during the first game but I didn't. Anyway, in an effort to get the men together and to invite their friends we are playing basketball twice a month after Sunday evening services. Now we can afford to do this because our PM services start at 5:00 PM (yes you read that right!).

10 of us got together last night and played for almost 2 hours. We each shot a free throw and the first five to make a free throw was team one and the others were team two. After each game we shot free throws again so the teams were different each time. We played to 21 (had to win by at least 2). Each basket was 2 points unless shot outside the 3 point line. I was surprise at how well I did considering I'm 53.

The youngest guy was about 25. The oldest was about 62. Three of us were over 50, I think everyone else was under 40. What a blast I had! I'm looking forward to the next game night. It would be nice if our group grew and we got a lot more outsiders to come and play. All for the glory of our God.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW! I don't remember ever seeing you play basketball! Way to go! Sounds like a lot of fun & a great way to bond with a group of men. Have fun!

Pat said...

Dr Manny was warning younger guys about doing this on FOX this morning. Lots of sports injuries from once-in-a-while all-out sports. Be careful!

Pat said...

Bob and I are running a test. Please ignore this comment.

Anonymous said...

You can delete that comment, you know. :)

Bob Bliss said...

Yes, I know but it's more fun leaving it up so that it drives others crazy reading it and trying to figure out what was going on.

Lisa said...

More likely they just think you & Mom are a little on the strange side. Though if they know you well, they know the truth ... that you are more than a little on the strange side! Ha!!

I crack myself up.