Tuesday, January 23, 2007

His & Her Spatulas


This post is inspired by Lisa's His & Her Ice Cream Scoops. The spatula on the bottom is a woman's spatula. It is quite useful It flips burger, pancakes, French toast, and all kinds of things. The one on the top is a man's spatula. It has a cover because it has sharp edges (I know because I've cut myself trying to pry apart frozen burgers). It came with directions (directions actually appear to the male spirit because we want to prove that we're not as dumb as those who need directions, so anything with directions is considered a challenge to us), which I've lost. It has a bottle opener, which is good for those bottles of Coke that are sitting in the cooler in lots of ice (yes I know that other men use it for other kinds of bottles). It can do a variety of functions - meat tenderizer, slicing into meat to see if it's cooked properly. Oh yes, it flips burgers as well. So it's a man's spatula because it's dangerous, provides a challenge, and just looks like it takes a man to operate (at least that's what we men think). :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought my dad one a spatula like yours from Pampered Chef. :) I saw it over Christmas still hanging in the garage.

Bob Bliss said...

I think Pat bought me this one for Christmas or a BD and it comes from Pampered Chef.

Lisa said...

At shows I used to mention that wives could even shop for their husbands from the Pampered Chef ... just buy 'em some grill tools!! We have his & her spatulas too. Surprised I didn't think of that. :) Try not to cut yourself again!!

Bob Bliss said...

Tracy,
My spatula gets used a lot. Now that we are in Florida it will get used even more since I can grill year round.

Matt said...

I always open bottles with my bare hands. But a man spatula nonetheless.

Bob Bliss said...

That's because you probably grew up with the twist top kind. I grew up with bottle tops that had sharp edges and were well sealed with vacuum. A spatula like this could save our delicate hands for better things. Different times different machismo.