Friday, February 16, 2007

Tag, you're it! Or maybe not

Matt Dabbs has tagged me. So now I'm supposed to tell you six weird things about myself. Actually I've already done this, click here. I was tagged by Lisa, my oldest. For those of you who didn't get to that post I reiterate my weirdness but I think I'll change #4 & #6.

1. The buttons on my shirt, my belt buckle, and the button or snap on my pants must all line up. I don't have OCD but this is just an occasion of weirdness.
2. I want to wear long hair. I had it long in college and would do anything to grow it long again.
3. I get up early every day (5:00 AM, seven days a week). I seldom sleep in unless I'm sick. I can't go to sleep at night if I sleep in. You know that OCD thing is starting to look real.
4. I still love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, especially on hearty, whole grain bread.
5. I hate to sweat in nice clothes. I really hate it when my DW (the lovely and gracious Pat) wants me to do something Sunday afternoon that might require me to sweat. I feel I have to shower again after sweating. I would rather take a nap.
6. I have this really quiet side to me. I love to be around people. I love to be in meetings where we work together as a team in producing something (like curriculum or a DVD about our congregation). I sometimes start conversations with strangers at the store (depends on whether or not they are buying something weird that I can comment on - you know it takes one to know one). I sometimes go up to strangers to find out information. We saw a Harding sticker on a van at Sonics with no one in it. So I started to quiz all the folks sitting down at tables until I found the owners of the van. But occasionally I just want to go unnoticed or be by myself. Sometimes I don't want to talk to anyone. Weird perhaps, but my weirdness.

Since I tagged others earlier I won't be passing this tag on unless I come across someone more weird than myself. If I think of anything else that's weird about me I will save it for the next time this tag comes around.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, since I probably already commented on it the last time, I don't have much more to say, except on the two you changed.

I still like PB & J. I make one every day for Dan. When I make them for the kids, I'll usually have one too -- but I sometimes throw in a variation: honey instead of jelly & I like wheat germ on it too. I also like a LOT of PB.

By the way, I stay up really late every night, but I HATE getting up early!!!!!!!

I am the same way as you in #6. I think it depends on my mood--not sure what else determines it. Sometimes I will talk to anyone, other times I'd like to remain quiet & anonymous. I can't explain it either, just the way I am.

Bob Bliss said...

I like variations on PB&J as well. I usually put wheat germ on it no matter what. You're quietness may come from both your Mom and me. I love to get up early and I love to stay up late. I'm confused and can't explain it, it's just the way I am.

Neva said...

Bob,
Just wanted you to know that I have an e-friendship with your daughter and I am so blessed by it. She is an amazing woman!!

Peace,
Neva

Bob Bliss said...

You don't have to tell me about her.

Matt said...

Only reason I didn't tag lisa was because I thought she had just been tagged not long ago. Forgot you had been tagged as well. Thanks for the list.

By the way, when I read #1, the words got out of order in my mind and I read "The buttons on my shirt, my belt buckle, and the button on my snap on pants...." That caught me funny and I read it over again, correctly :)

Bobby Cohoon said...

Great thoughts....I thought time between services on Sunday was for naps...don't we have a command or an example for that???

Bob Bliss said...

Bobby, Acts 10:9-10. Peter was waiting for the pot luck after morning services and fell asleep (I known the text says "trance" but we know what preachers really do in between services.

Lisa said...

Oh, now, we're in deep trouble if you preachers are going to start twisting the Word like that. :)

How'd we get so lucky to have Bobby Cohoon commenting on our blogs? Have you met him already?

Bob Bliss said...

No, I don't know who Bobby Cohoon is. BTW, we met Travis' parents last Wednesday evening. Lovely people.

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Bob ... this is Bob. Found you through Matt Dabbs. I enjoyed reading your tag.

I lived in Florida years ago ... where I met my wife.

I invite you to stop by my blog too. I will be back.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
http://stoned-campbelldisciple.blogspot.com/

mark said...

Bob,

I also get up at 5:00 and can rarely sleep in. Sometimes I dream of sleeping in, but to no avail.

Mark

Loni said...

I DO love the PB & honey with wheat germ. Sounds like you influenced your girls with that, I guess we will just have to see if Trey caught that bug too!

By the way I love to stay up late, but HATE to get up in the mornings. I don't know how you do it!! I think I could go to bed at 8:00 and still not want to get up in the morning. I like it to be bright out when I get up, which it most certainly is NOT most mornings when I wake up.