Friday, December 01, 2006

Weird is as Weird does

In the spirit of faddishness, here is my list of weird things about me (I was able to use a zip compression program to do 2 months of prayer and research in about 2 minutes).

1. When I dress, the buttons on my shirt, the buckle of my belt, and the button on my pants must all line up. Don't know where I got this from. I remember seeing Roger Moore in a James Bond movie and all three of these were not lined up (yes I noticed it!). I thought, that looks bad. To this day every morning I make all three line up.

2. I want to wear my hair long! How long you ask? Long enough to have a ponytail. I thought my retirement job could be as a tour guide for a historic site where long hair would be a plus - I would look authentic.

3. I get up early (5:00 AM) every morning (all seven days) and go to bed late (usually after 11:00 PM). I don't want to miss anything.

4. I'm nervous about flying. In the 80s I used to lay awake the night before a flight and sweat bullets. When my Mom's Mom died (Grammie) I let my fear of flying get the better of me. I've always regretted not flying out, mostly for my Mom's sake. Pat and I flew almost once a month since November of 2005. I actually think I'm a little less fearful these days.

5. I hate to sweat in nice clothes. Even nice causal clothes. I will avoid doing anything that will break me out in a sweat while dressed this way. But if I can go change to jeans and a t-shirt, I don't mind at all. In fact, I enjoy sweating when properly dressed.

6. I tend to play the devil's advocate in Bible study (not always but occasionally, okay more often than I am willing to admit). It doesn't matter where I go. If I'm in a conservative congregation I tend to play up liberal ideas. If I'm in a liberal congregation I tend to play up conservative ideas. I don't rock the boat, I just jiggle it some to make sure everyone is holding on tight.

Well that's my list. Pat you are now tagged if you haven't already thought of this. Of course your list will be short (yes I do know how to score points with my wife of 30 years). I won't tag my son (Trey), because he's dating right now and I'm sure he doesn't want the young lady he's dating to know that he's got anything weird in his personality. Of course he should keep her away from his family's blogs so she won't find out about all our weird stuff. Who knows how she might react.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That's great, Dad, thanks for playing along!! I can't believe how many of those I can relate to! Especially 2, 3 & 5. I don't like sweating in nice clothes either, but don't mind if I'm in ratty clothing. I hate to miss out on stuff, which is probably why I check everyone's blog several times daily to see if they've written anything new. I also like to stay up late, probably for the same reason. I can't bring myself to get out of bed early, though. The world can go on without me as long as I'm asleep & don't realize it. I like my hair long, despite the fact that my need for change keeps me cutting it short every time I get it long. If I were smarter, I'd do more of 6. You can tag Trey; she's going to find out sometime! Better now than when it's too late. :p

(Great joke about the zip compression--Ha!)

Lisa said...

Okay, how crazy is it that I almost used "Weird is as weird does" as MY title?? Great minds . . . :)

Bob Bliss said...

We may have to reword that cliche after this blog fad makes the rounds. "Weird minds think alike!" Or maybe, "Weird minds unite!" I'm sure something "weird" will pop up.

philaphonic said...

I wish you guys could see me play volleyball...I think you would be surprised.

Lisa said...

What? What does volleyball have to do with anything?? Oh wait, I know...Katie's already seen you play v-ball, so there's not anything weirder that she could discover about you. Well, that's good. Dad, now you can tag Trey.

Lisa said...

Man, I'm just moving further & further down your list of Family Blogs, aren't I?!

Bob Bliss said...

Lisa,
But you were the first when I made it.

Lisa said...

True enough.