Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Accent

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Boston

You definitely have a Boston accent, even if you think you don't. Of course, that doesn't mean you are from the Boston area, you may also be from New Hampshire or Maine.

The West
The Midland
North Central
Philadelphia
The Northeast
The Inland North
The South
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

I was exploring other blogs and ran across a link with a quiz that tells you what kind of accent you have. Apparently I have a Boston accent. Let's see if I can explain this. I was born in Colorado, raised in 5 states (Colorado, Texas, Washington, Kansas, and California), schooled in Los Angeles (2 years), lived in San Diego (1 year), schooled in Texas (2 1/2 years), lived in New Jersey (28 years), married to a Texas gal who also lived in Burlington, Massachusetts (outside of Boston for 6 years) - okay, I got my accent from Pat (my wonderful wife of 30 years)! She lived in the Boston area for 6 years, developed her accent, and then gave it to me. Seriously, I wonder if the Boston accent includes people from Northern New Jersey. I hope no one tells the folks here in Mount Dora, Florida that their new preacher has a Boston accent. They might wonder where I've really been for the last 28 years. I was sure that I would have been a more neutral accent. So click the link and take the quiz and tell me what kind of accent you have.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have a Midland accent, which is another way of saying I don't have an accent at all. :) I'll post my results on my blog.

Pat said...

Lisa, me too! I have often thought this about myself. I think my Massachusetts years canceled out my Texas years. However, when I spend any time in Texas, my accent becomes more Texan. Also when I'm congested my accent is more southern. You spent so much time around folks with different accents and the New Jersey areas where we lived didn't have the strong accent that nearer NYC or Philly did.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I got Midland for my answer too. Now I know that sweet lil ole me gets axed to repeat myself all the time up here because I have a Southern accent. The test is faulty. :)

Personally I am still laughing about the horrible whore question.