Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day at Epcot










This Memorial Day we met our friends (Doug and Leslie Thatcher) from the Tabernacle congregation at Epcot. They come down to Disney a couple of times a year. They have friends in the Kissimmee - Judy and Ed. Eventually Doug and Leslie hope to move here (maybe two years). Anyway, we had a great time. The highlight of the day was the Gary Puckett concert. He had three half hour concerts. We got to the first two. Epcot's Test Track was waiting for us during his third concert. After the second concert we got to meet him, get an autograph, and take a picture. What a great guy he is! He still has a set of pipes on him (even at 65). I brought the liner notes from his greatest hits CD that I have for him to autograph. During his first concert he did a tribute to the vets in the audience. He had them stand in order for everyone to acknowledge them. Then he sang a song called "Home" which I had never heard. It was about a soldier wanting to go home and praying for the folks back home. It was a moving tribute and a great song. His music is still groovy!

6 comments:

Bill Williams said...

Sounds like a great day, Bob! Glad you got to enjoy it with friends. We made a day-trip to NYC with friends and family, which we enjoyed very much. Blessings, -bill

TREY MORGAN said...

"Young girl ... get out of my mind...."

and

"Woman ... Wo..o...oh.. Woman...."

I love Gary Puckett. Sounds like an awesome time.

Bob Bliss said...

Bill, I remember NYC. Pat and I used to catch the train at Harrison and take it into the World Trade Center (obviously prior to 2001). Then we would walk up to Canal St. and peruse the vendors of China Town. Probably purchase a Rolex or two for $10 each. Then we would walk over to Paesano's for lunch. Ah, memories.

Trey, "Within the prison walls of my mind, there's still a part of you left behind." "Lady Willpower, it's now or never, give your love to me." I definitely would go see him in a full term concert. He's lives in Tampa.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys mentioned some lines from Gary Puckett songs 'cause I couldn't think of what he sang. Cool!

I thought I knew who Doug & Leslie were, but I didn't recognize their pictures so I was thinking of the wrong people. Glad you got to spend the day with friends. Love you!

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

My girls will be at Epcot tomorrow (May 30). One of our favorite places.

I'm still in the desert ...

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine

jel said...

sounds like ya had fun,


never been there!