Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Florida is for Lovers


We were introduced to a recurring phenomena last September here in Florida, love bugs. These crazy bugs emerge twice a year (late April,early May, and then September) to mate. Some of the locals call this "Fly United" season. I thought about calling this post "Love is in the air" in order to get a musical theme in.

These pests apparently migrated from parts west (Louisiana) to Florida. They are seen from South Carolina to Florida. If you want to read a little more about them click here. Last Thursday I got out my lawn mower but the bugs were so thick that I decided to wait until later. It is at times like this when I think God has a great sense of humor.

6 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

We've got bugs like these. We haven't seen them this year yet. It's like they appear out of no where and then they're gone just as quick.

Question: Did you take the picture?

How you been?

Anonymous said...

Not sure how I feel about seeing a post, written by my Dad, who recently moved to Florida, entitled, "Florida is for lovers." Setting that aside, though, Ewww. (for the bugs, 'cause I set the other thought aside, remember?)

Bob Bliss said...

Trey, I been fine. We were in Searcy to see our son, Trey, graduate. Now all three of kids are college graduates. I'll have pictures in a post soon.

TREY MORGAN said...

I heard Trey was graduating. Too cool. Having both your kids graduated from college should feel like a huge accomplishment. Sort of a graduation for you. Congrats.

Bob Bliss said...

Trey, you mean having all THREE (3) of my kids graduated from college. Lisa, Loni, Trey.

Anonymous said...

You know, I was pretty proud of my ol' Dad getting to his college graduation too. :) Now he's working on getting a higher degree than me -- shoot, hope that doesn't mean I'll have to one day too.