Monday, April 21, 2008

Demographics

Are you interested in the makeup of your area? Here is a cool web site called ZipSkinny that gives you the demographic breakdown of your zip code and the zip codes around you. I've checked it out for the three zips around me and it appears to be relatively accurate. If you plug in your zip you get seven tabs: Basic Info, Charts (the basic info by charts), Comparison with other zips, schools, map, build a widget, and About ZipSkinny. The information is based on the Census 2000 data and you can access that information here. If you do check it out leave me a comment about the accuracy or inaccuracy of what you find. You might find this info helpful if you want to do a mass mailing or door knocking (yes some churches still door knock).

5 comments:

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Thanks for the links. Another good place is David Olson's TheAmericanchurch.org

Blessings,
Bobby Valentine

Bob Bliss said...

Thanks Bobby, I'll check it out.

preacherman said...

I hope you had a great earth day!

TREY MORGAN said...

I looked at the one for Childress. Looked very accurate. Nice info.

jel said...

that was cool, I didn't think there were that many people in our town ! thanks for the link to it!