Saturday, September 30, 2006

A First

Last night was "a first" for me. I sang publicly with a group. Several members in our congregation have a musical group. They do some country, blue grass, oldies rock, and some gospel. The Christian School has a monthly chicken dinner as a fund raiser. This group performs every September. During the performance they usually get a male quartet together to sing a couple of hymns from the book. This year they recruited me to sing bass. We sang "Heaven Came Down" and "Jesus Hold My Hand." The alto lead was sung by a brother who is the chorus director at the Christian School. We sounded pretty good. I had never sung publicly like that and so this is "a first." I don't know whether we will ever do this again but I've done it once.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Cool! Sounds like fun! I'm surprised that they let you in the group, though. :) Just kidding!!

Why don't you have the secretary put your blog address in the bulletin so others can read this too? This is kinda like having an article in the bulletin each week, so they would probably enjoy it.

Lisa said...

Btw, I like your idea to have Prayer Requests over on the sidebar. Would you mind if I steal your idea? Do you have to get permission from people before putting their names over there?

Bob Bliss said...

I didn't get permission for add anyone's name for the prayer list. I figured they would want to be put on the list. Plus I thought I would only put people of interest to those who read my blog (mainly my family).