Thursday, September 06, 2007

Biblical Preaching

Here's an excellent article by William Willimon (definitely one of my favorite authors) that you should read. I personally think he's hit the nail on the head even though the article is 12 years old. I hope Don in particular reads it, considering his latest post which you can read here. I think you will find it enlightening. This article is found at Expository Thoughts. It is one of the blogs where I frequently find interesting ideas for sermons and sermon series.

8 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

Great article ... Enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

Bob-
Can't open the thing up :(

Bob Bliss said...

Don, don't know why. Trey did.

Anonymous said...

Bob-
It was just my 'puter at home.
I couldn't agree with old William more if i'da said it myself.

My only complaint is that it ended too soon. I was still reading and scrolling when I hit the end.

Bob Bliss said...

Don, Trey, glad you liked the article.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the Dean's article. Bob I wrote a quick post and placed it on my blog just for you, I had the original but it was really long and decided against a re-do. I named a few reasond why I can't agree that every word of New Testament is God Breathed. if you still do after reading my post, God bless you.

Bob Bliss said...

Laymond, I read your article and left you a question. If you think that not all that we identify today as NT God-breathed Scripture, what do you use to determine what is?

preacherman said...

Bob,
Excellent article and post.
Thanks for sharing it with us.
I appreciate it. William Willimom is one of my favorite authors especially his book on the communion. Again, thanks. I hope you have a great week.