Thursday, September 29, 2005

Bob's Blog N Blather

We found out last night that one of our members passed away. We are now traveling back for the funeral. I'm writing this blog from my hotel room. There have been over 12 funerals for members at our congregation in my nine years. Of course there have been probably almost as much with friends and family members of our members. I have done more funerals in my nine years at the Tabernacle Church of Christ than in seventeen years at the Randolph Church of Christ.

The presentation for the Harding Lectureship went well yesterday. The first two classes were so crowded we had people standing. It's always satisfying to have more come to your presentations than expected. A few came to all three. It was great to share ideas with fellow preachers and interested members. We also got to plug some programs that others in the Churches of Christ have created. I was really pleased with the presentations and the feedback I got from those who attended. I could get use to doing this more often.

Tonight we watched the season premiere of CSI. The program had a song at the beginning of the show and then at the end. It sounded familar but I couldn't think of the name or the artist. I tried Google and found some websites that list songs used on CSI. Imagine, a whole website devoted to the songs on CSI! The premiere show is too new for the song to be listed so I will have to wait.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: