Thursday, September 04, 2008

Windows could not start because file is missing or corrupt

Got this error message when I tried to reboot last week. Did a Google search (on Pat's computer), found articles on Microsoft's support web site and followed them to the letter. Got everything up and running in about four hours. The only thing I couldn't do was a "System Restore." For some reason System Restore will not open. But everything is running as it was last week, so I'm not complaining. If it happens again, I'm ready. Does anyone have any experience getting System Restore to work again?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally I think it's a sign of the moral decay the liberals are creating in this country. It should clear up after the election.

Grace and peace,
Tim

preacherman said...

I am glad your computer is up and running again. I am going to get a program that saves you entire harddrive. Jump drive. Just in case it messes up.

Bob Bliss said...

Tim, nothing about Macs?

Kinney, let me know what that program is.

Stoned-Campbell Disciple said...

Been there. I was infected with a virus last week and my dell was nothing but junk!

Bob Bliss said...

Bobby: Dude, you've got a dead dell!

preacherman said...

I will get with my dad this afternoon and let you know what the name of the program is so you can get it.

Anonymous said...

HEY BOB-
Are Ike's feeder bands getting to you? Ya'll are on the "bad" side.

Bob Bliss said...

Don, we are not experiencing anything from Ike.

Bob Bliss said...

Don, the satellite maps sure look like we should be experiencing some bad rain or something but we haven't yet. Maybe that might change today. I haven't seen a forecast for today.