Thursday, August 24, 2006

We're in Florida!!

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted but here goes. We now live in Mount Dora, Florida. It is a fascinating town. It is part of what is called the Golden Triangle (Mount Dora, Eustis, and Tavares). It is located in Lake County. There is a reason the county is called Lake County - there are 1,400 named lakes in the county (let's see . . . if I start fishing today, and fish every day it will take me almost four years to fish every lake . . . hmmmmm, that sounds like a plan!). Florida itself has 7,700 named lakes (wow, if I extended my fishing to the entire state . . .).

We have emptied all our boxes that have the stuff we wanted to put in the house. However, our garage is still rather full. It may take awhile to get completely settled but we are moving in that direction.

The congregation has received us warmly. They are a friendly bunch with a good sense of humor. This is enough for now. I will post more later.

No comments: